One way I intend to use this blog is to present links to economic or political sites and data that I think are relevant. Here are some examples:
- Bush tax cuts did not spur economic growth or increase government revenue — they reduced revenue and growth was so-so: here
- Reagan’s tax cuts did not result in increased government revenue: here
In other words, supply-side economics are completely wrong, and we are still on the left side of the Laffer curve (see this).
- The high deficit began under Bush and is a direct result of the economic downturn, not Obama’s policies: here
- Fanny and Freddie and the Community Reinvestment Act were minor players in the housing bubble: here and here
- The effects of wars, Bush tax cuts, the economic down turn, and the recovery measures on projected future deficits: here